The BC Science Teachers’ Association is a Provincial Specialist Association of the BC Teachers’ Federation.
The Association’s activities include:
- Maintenance of our extensive BCScTA website.
- Annual Catalyst conference in October, with other smaller professional development opportunities, offered between the main conferences.
- Three science-related email lists.
- Publication of a regular electronic newsletter to association members.
- Continued advocacy for quality science education in BC.
- Working with the Ministry of Education and the BCTF on the new science curriculum.
- Working with partner organizations to promote Science and Technology Careers to high school students.
- Supporting Science Fairs BC, the Big Little Science Centre and BC Association of Physics Teachers.
- Regular attendance at the BCTF Provincial Specialist Association Council.
- Working with the BCTF and other PSAs on the 2017 PSA Super Conference.
- The promotion of the many science-related Professional Development opportunities being offered each year, both in BC and the other Provinces.
- Collaboration with other provincial science associations across Canada and in the US.
- Working with other non-government organizations, such as Science World, Genome BC and Let’s Talk Science to help promote Science Outreach opportunities for teachers.
- Collaborating with other organizations to promote the BC Science Charter.